Such an interesting discussion. Each comment has brought out a different angle on the matter. Wholism and integration, focus in one's call, the effect on non-believers, art and truth and prophecy, individual sin versus societal sin.
The timing of this has been interesting. Tonight Bryan and I are going up to a Derek Webb concert at Trinity Western University in Langley, BC. He's one of Bryan's heroes and I have a great respect for him also. He used to be a part of Caedmon's Call, but is now doing his own music. He really lays it out straight, and I think is the prophetic counterpart to Jars of Clay's restraint. The themes (if one pinned them down, which one oughtn't) would be the grace so central to reformed theology, and the universal fact of sin that forces us to rely only on grace and not on our ability to save ourselves. He also articulately critiques our current Western and Christian suburban culture.
http://derekwebb.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm
Thursday, March 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment