Thursday, March 08, 2007

I've been getting discouraged and unmotivated lately. And I haven't known why until today, when I had a 'Vision and Strategy Session' with me, myself, and a cup of coffee.
(I had a funny joke with myself, thinking-- I'm my own non-profit organization. Not exactly organized, but certainly not profiting!)
Well, anyway, I realized that I get discouraged when I focus on what I'm not instead of what I am. What I can't offer instead of what I can. I'm going to try to be better.
And whatever work/ministry/life (I'm coming to believe more and more strongly that they are not meant to be thought of as separate things) you're in, I pray that you will also see and remember what you are and what you can offer, and then live/work/minister out of that strength.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Girl!

Gombojav Tribe said...

“Everybody has a vocation to some form of life work. But, behind that and deeper than that, everybody has a vocation to be a person, to be fully and deeply a human being, to be Christ-like. And the second thing is more important than the first. It is more important to be a great person than a great teacher, butcher, or candlestick maker. And if the only chance of succeeding in the second is to fail in the first, the failure, from God’s point of view, is fruitful.” (Brennan Manning)

Jenn said...

I remember reading that, Daja. That's such a great quote. Thanks for sharing. (And thanks for reading my blog so faithfully! And sharing it with others!)