Sunday, October 22, 2006

A sweet treat

Last night Pastor Jango came home, and said he had a surprise for me. He loves drama, and I'm learning that I have to respond out loud "What is it??" before he'll produce the surprise.

Guess what it was? Peach iced tea. I was overwhelmed with his thoughtfulness, and the pleasantness of a well-chilled glass of peach iced tea.

I couldn't figure out how he knew this was my favorite. Did God tell him in a dream? But then I remembered, vaguely, having a conversation my first week about beverages in the states, and I mentioned liking lemon and peach iced tea. But still, it's amazing that he remembered that when even I didn't, and that he turned it into reality.

He brought me two, and then he told everyone in the house that the other one in the fridge was just for me. (Update: I was enjoying just knowing it was there, but apparently that was taken for a lack of appreciation, so I had to drink the other one today. But I still enjoyed it.)

I really have been blessed by this house and by my hosts Jango and Sandra, who are really becoming my friends.

No comments: