My Work
The Independent Presbyterian Church of Brazil has sent missionaries to the Northeast, and has established six new churches in Patos and four other villages. There are two in Patos—one in the town, and the other in the ‘suburb’ of San Sebastião (in developing countries, ‘suburbs’ are the poorest areas). In the different churches there is a pre-school, a children’s house for learning and crafts, a woman’s exercise program, a water filter program, and a cistern-building program.
All of the communities that these churches are in need income-generation projects. This could mean a cooperative business or individual micro-enterprises. I may focus on just one community or try to eventually do something in all of them. I hope to train someone who can continue after I am finished. My main goal is to get the ball rolling and create momentum-- to get people started asking questions and hopefully help them understand the right business questions to ask. I don’t have the answers—they do. And hopefully we’ll progress further than that as some people begin their business, or apply new knowledge to the businesses they have.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment