My little friend
I have a little friend now, she's 5. I met her the other night, at a party the church had for old people (Brazil has a holiday that just past celebrating the elderly) at our house. She had kind of been following me for a while, so I bent down to converse. She said very quietly in my ear 'quero .... notibuki.' I couldn't understand for the longest time what she wanted, especially the notibuki part; it was certainly no Portuguese word I knew. Eventually I put together (because they said she's learning English, and there's this common Portuguese accent on English words because they just can't end in a consonant) that she was saying notebook. I thought of course the paper kind. But no... she eventually led me up to my room, and she wanted to play games on my laptop. So we played Spider Solitaire (she's actually quite good at the computer) for almost an hour, me telling her where to put each card (she's good at the computer but doesn't really get numbers yet).
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment