Saturday, September 16, 2006

I've spent most of these 7 weeks trying to get my apartment settled, which took several weeks, and then pictures framed and hung, which took another week and a half.
This past week was when I planned to finally start seriously on my schoolwork, two online classes (Community Development and Cross-Cultural Skills and Understanding). Unfortunately I started out with the wake-up call that I was already late on my first two assignments for my culture class. My professor had grace on me, thankfully, but still my week started with the stress of catching up. Now I am starting to get the hang of distance learning, and starting to get back in the school mentality.

A few days ago I realized just how soon I'm leaving for Brazil-- only two weeks! Yikes! I haven't been thinking very much about it, being so busy and all. So although the last month has focused on adjusting to Tacoma, now I'm at the turning point-- it's time to focus on Brazil. My classes are actually a good way for me to get in the proper mindset, so it's good that I'm starting those again. Also my shortage of social interaction may even help me at this point to just focus on God, prepare my heart, and buff up on a little last-minute Portuguese.

2 comments:

Gombojav Tribe said...

How long will you be in Brazil?

Vic's reflections said...

Jenn, thanks for the blog update. I look forward to your musings from Brazil. I hear you realized that 8 hours of straight football is a reality in the fan world. Go Dawgs! Hmmm? I wonder if 8 hours of praise would attract 72 thousand?