Countdown - 1 Week
Aaah! Only a week left! That doesn't feel like enough time. I woke up this morning with more dread, fear, and depression than usual. I am somewhat disappointed by this, because normally I anticipate adventure and int'l travel more than this.
Maybe I've just had too much-- so many adventures superimposed on each other. It's hard to switch gears from my adventure of getting to know and getting involved in Tacoma to now a whole 'nother adventure to Brazil. It feels like a world away. And only a week away.
I still have to pack. I've been putting that off, probably out of denial.
Also waiting is a bunch of small administrative details in order to neatly package my life here so that I can put it on hold for a few months.
I have a list swimming in my head of things to do... but the first thing I need to do is make that list, which I've been putting off.
I stopped trying too hard to make friends. They'll be here when I get back. Instead, I've been craving solitude. When I'm with people, I experience a weird sort of anticipatory culture shock.
I still need to start cramming on Portuguese. Yikes. A lot of that.
And yet through it all this week, my schedule is already filled with schoolwork.
And it'll be hard to say good-bye.
Monday, September 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment