Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Transplanted to Tacoma

Someone asked me this week, 'So, do you know what you want to do now?' and without hesitation I said yes. Then I realized that wasn't the right answer, no one's supposed to actually know, so I said no. But after this year I do have a lot more clarity than I ever did before.

That's the future. As for the present... my life certainly doesn't fit into neat little categories. Someone else last week asked me, 'So what do you do?' I had no idea. I looked at her blankly (I hadn't thought of this question before!), and eventually stammered out something about international economic development.

So I look forward to January, when hopefully things can start and build in a continuous line. Hopefully I won't have to define myself anymore with "well, I was doing this and I'm about to do this" or "I used to live there, and soon I'll live over there" or "I'm a student but I'm not anymore."

1 comment:

Lorna S. Q said...

yeyyyyyyyyyyy

Jenn has a blog!!!!! SO good to read some of your thoughts!!!
Miss ya a lot and hopefully you do too!!!
Deep down you do:)

lorna