Now that I'm back in Tacoma, I’m embarking on a number of different ventures, an integrated combination of ministry and entrepreneurship. Below are my different 'irons in the fire', if that's the right cliche. Some are just dreams so far. But they are all seeds I’m working to plant and water—we shall see what God causes to grow!
· Educating and Mobilizing the
o Youth events and Adult classes
o Tacoma-based experiences for youth—incorporating service opportunities, educational elements, and cross-cultural worship.
o Web-based resources to learn more and participate in action.
· Business Development Ministry in the Tacoma Hilltop area—with our multi-ethnic urban church (
o Personal money management classes for folks in the church, the community, and families in transitional homes
o Entrepreneurial training and support for families that want to start their own business
o Workshops and support for existing business owners
o Integration of Christian teaching on money and business
o Youth entrepreneurship program to provide work experience and business training
· Kingdom Entrepreneurship—creating a variety of companies that have Kingdom purposes and ways of doing business. Some ideas are:
o A web-based retail outlet for handicrafts made by friends in developing countries
o Companies designed to employ special-needs populations in an environment that gives dignity and opportunity to all.
o Business activities to provide extra income for ministries.
· Creating a network and a movement for Business As Mission
o Finding Christian businesspeople to be resources for others
o Spreading word that business can be an amazing tool for Christ’s work
o Growing ‘Business As Mission’ communities within churches.
· In all my life, together with
o the ministry of hospitality
o a life of simplicity
o most of all, a focus and dependence on God and His work in our lives and communities.
1 comment:
I still check your blog everyday after I check my email just to see if there is an update. And now....YEA! There is!
You sound very ambitious! Lots of wonderful ideas!
btw, I got your Christmas card a few weeks ago. Thanks!
Daja
www.gombojav.blogspot.com
Post a Comment